Welcome to our recipe page! We will be adding nutritious recipes, so scroll through and enjoy! If you would like to contribute a recipe, send it to me for review.
1/2c finely chopped onion
1/2c finely chopped celery
1 clove garlic,pressed
1 tbs safflower oil
1 1/4lbs ground turkey
1/2c old fashioned oats
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
1/2c vegetable juice
1 egg white
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp salt free herb seasoning
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium skillet, saute onion, celery, garlic in oil until tender. In a mixing bowl, combine vegetables, turkey and remaining ingredients. Mix well. Press into loaf pan. Bake 1 hour.
Protein: 39 grams
Fat: 6.3 grams
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Sodium: 524 mg
1 cup natural-style peanut butter
1 cup agave nectar (honey would work, but agave has a lower glycemic index) if you don't want it too sweet, cut in half
3 cups dry uncooked old-fashioned oats(quaker)
1/2 cup of ground flax seed
2 scoops of whey protein powder
1. Combine peanut butter and agave nectar in a large nonstick pot and warm up over a low heat until runny and mixed.
2. Mix in the oatmeal, ground flax seed and protein powder
3. You don't want to cook it, just heat it up enough to stir everything together nicely.
4. Press into a 9x9-inch pan.
5. Let cool, then cut into 16 equal bars.
6. Wrap each bar in foil or plastic wrap and store in plastic bags and refrigerate.
Low Carb Egg White Pancakes
by Stella Juarez Post
Makes 1 serving
The unprocessed bran flakes add a little dignity and bite to these all-natural, very economically made low carb egg white pancakes. The high fiber content of the unprocessed bran flakes drops the effective carb count to just 6 grams!
1/4 cup unprocessed bran flakes
10 large egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1 packet artificial sweetener
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
Whip room temperature egg whites and cream of tartar with hand mixer until stiff peaks develop (if you neglect to do this, your pancakes will have a flat, omelet-like texture). Fold in remaining ingredients and mix well. The batter will be stiff and foamy. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and spoon in batter. Cook until each side is lightly browned. Serve with butter replacement and sugar-free syrup if desired.
Per Serving: Calories- 192 Carbs- 12.4g Protein- 34.9g Fat- .4g Fiber- 6.3g
3/4 pound fresh asparagus spears or 1 (10-ounce) package frozen cut asparagus
4 large egg whites
2 large whole eggs
3/4 cup low-fat cottage cheese
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1/8 teaspoon salt
Nonstick spray coating
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small tomato, cut into wedges, or 1/4 cup chopped tomato
Cook fresh asparagus spears in a small amount of boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Reserve 3 spears for garnish; cut remaining asparagus into 1-inch pieces. Or, cook frozen asparagus according to package directions; drain. Set aside.
Meanwhile, in a medium mixing bowl beat eggs until foamy. Beat in cottage cheese, mustard, salt, and pepper; set aside.
Spray a 10-inch ovenproof skillet with nonstick spray coating. Cook mushrooms over medium heat until just tender. Stir in asparagus pieces. Pour egg mixture over mushrooms and asparagus. (If using fresh asparagus, arrange the 3 reserved spears on top.)
Cook mixture over low heat about 5 minutes or until mixture bubbles slightly and begins to set around the edges.
Bake frittata, uncovered, in a 400°F (205°C) oven about 10 minutes or until set. Garnish each serving with tomato.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional facts per serving: calories: 183, total fat: 6g, sodium: 375mg, carbohydrate: 7g, protein: 18g
Oven Roasted Potatoes
1 tbs safflower oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil. Scrub potatoes and dry. Cut unpeeled potatoes into quarters. Place in a mixing bowl. Combine oil and seasonings. Pour over potatoes. Toss until well coated. Arrange potatoes on pan in a single layer. Bake 30 minutes. Turn potatoes. Continue to bake 12 to 15 minutes until potatoes are well browned. Serves 4.
Calories: 170 per serving
Protein: 3.9 grams
Fat: 3.6 grams
Carbohydrates: 31.4 grams
Sodium: 6 mg
Apple Oatmeal Pancakes
6 egg whites
1/2c oatmeal, dry
1 tbs unsweetened applesauce
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 small green apple, diced finely(green apples contain less sugar)
1 pinch of cinnamon(or to taste)
1 pinch of stevia(or to taste)
mix all ingredients in a blender except apples. spray skillet with cooking spray and place on med-high heat. drop by spoonfuls into skillet. when bubbles start to form, place apples on top. let apples set in. then flip. makes approx 4 - 6 pancakes.
Banana Split Oatmeal
• ½ cup oatmeal (quick or rolled)
• 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
• ½ cup skim milk
• Pinch of Stevia
• 1 banana, sliced
• 4 big strawberries, sliced
• 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
1. In a big bowl, mix oatmeal with the milk and complete with water until it completely soaks the oatmeal.
2. Cook in a Microwave for about 1 minute stir the mix , then microwave for another 1 minute.
3. Let the oatmeal cool down for about 3 minutes.
4. Add the chocolate protein powder, stir.
5. Stir in the banana and strawberry slices.
6. Top with the Greek yogurt and enjoy!
I used Vanilla flavored Greek yogurt. It probably added some additional flavoring. It wasnt necessary for me to use any water. The oats soaked perfectly and the consistency seemed fine to me. If you want a bit more liquid or not as think, you may want to add in a little water.
• Calories: 334
• Protein: 37g
• Carbohydrates: 42g
• Fat: 2g
Chocolate French Toast
• 3 egg whites
• ½ scoop chocolate protein powder
• 2 slices whole wheat or whole grain bread
• Drop of maple extract
• Pinch of cinnamon powder
• Pinch of stevia
• Cooking spray
1. Lightly coat skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet on medium low heat. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl (except for bread,cinnamon and stevia)
2. Dip both sides of the bread into mixture until completely covered, soak bread for a few seconds to insure absorption.
3. Add slices to preheated skillet, and cook each side brown until golden brown.
4. Light sprinkle stevia and cinnamon.
You can use whatever artificial sweeter you want or in my case, the protein powder I used, has sucrose in it and so there was no real need to make it sweeter.
• Calories: 315
• Protein: 33g
• Carbohydrates: 39g
• Fat: 3g
Spicy Pork Chops
How to Make Spicy Pork Chops:
Makes 4 Servings
• 4 pork chops (4oz each, trimmed of all fat)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• ½ teaspoon chilli powder
• ½ teaspoon ground coriander
• ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
• Salt and pepper
1. Mix oil, garlic, chilli powder, coriander, red pepper flakes, salt
and pepper in a bowl
2. Rub the chops thoroughly with the mixture
3. Cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 5 minutes
per side or until cooked
You can add additional spices or various spices to make it hotter. As listed, its spicy for us wimps like me and very mild. Its got a kick but nothing wicked.
• Calories: 201
• Protein: 30g
• Carbohydrates: 0g
• Fat: 9g
Mocha Snack Bites
Makes 4 servings
1/4c oat bran
6 egg whites
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
1/4tsp baking powder
1tsp cocoa powder
1tbs ground coffee
pinch of stevia
2 apples diced
In a blender mix all ingredients, except apples. Blend until mixture gets thick and pour into a bowl.
Pour into a sprayed baking dish. Mix the apples in. Bake at 350 for about 30 mins. Cool and cut into 8 bite size squares.
Per serving(2 bites)
Cals = 137
Protein = 17g
Carbs = 15g
Fat = 1g
Thai Beef Wraps
Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps
INGREDIENTS (makes 2 servings)
• 8oz extra lean ground beef (I substituted the ground beef with grass fed ground bison)
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 small chopped onion
• 1 clove garlic
• ½ medium bell pepper, diced or sliced (your favorite color)
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoons low-sodium beef broth
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• 2 teaspoons soy sauce (I used low sodium soy sauce)
• 1oz chopped peanuts
• 2 big lettuce leaves
1. In a big, heavy skillet, start browning and crumbling the ground round along with the red pepper flakes. When the beef is browned, tilt the pan and spoon off any fat thats accumulated.
2. Stir in the onion, garlic, pepper, lemon juice, broth, fish sauce and soy sauce. Turn the heat to low and let the whole thing simmer for 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates completely.
3. Arrange 2 big lettuce leaves on a plate and spoon the meat mixture into the leaves and sprinkle with the peanuts.
4. Wrap in the lettuce and eat as you would a burrito.
Protein : 33g
Carbs : 3g
Fat : 13g
8 large ripe avocados, chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
3 small Serrano peppers, ribs and some seeds removed, minced
Juice of 4 lemons
Directions: Mix all of the above in a large bowl, mashing slightly.
Rich in healthy-hormone supporting monounsaturated fats, not only does this recipe tastes exceptionally delicious, but its also quite the good for you.
As you add text longer than the box size the scrollbar will appear.
Double click here to edit and add your own text.
Turbo-charged Sweet potatoes
2 medium sweet potatoes, cut in 1/2 lengthwise
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp thyme(fresh if you have it)
1/4 tsp rosemary
1/4 tsp onion powder
pinch cayenne pepper
1 tsp olive oil
mix all spices together well. place sweet potatoes(cut side up) in a baking dish. brush tops of sweet potatoes with olive oil. sprinkle spice mixture on top of olive oil and slightly rub in so spices stick to potatoes.
preheat oven to 375 degrees. bake for 30-45 mins depending on your oven temp.
Thermogenic Chai Latte
1 scoop vanilla protein powder(isolate)
5 ice cubes
1 cup cold chai tea
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp stevia
Mix all ingredients together in blender and enjoy!
Fat burning Turkey Burgers
1 pound ground turkey
1/4 cup minced onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons minced green bell peppers
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
salt and pepper
2 cloves garlic crushed
How to Make Your Fat Burning Turkey Burgers
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients together, it works best if you squeeze them together with your hands.
Divide into three equal patties, each about three quarters of an inch thick. Lightly spray a nonstick coating to your skillet. Cook over medium
heat, each side for about 5 minutes.
This fat burning recipe is good for 3 burgers, each at 184 calories, 4 carbs and 4g of fat
8oz beef, lean cut, cut into
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup black beans
½ cup corn
1 red pepper, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 cup tomatoes, diced
½ teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
¼ cup low sodium beef broth
¼ teaspoon onion powder
1. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Sauté beef for 3 minutes.
2. Add onion and red pepper and sauté for additional 3 minutes.
3. Add beans, corn, tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, and onion
4. Reduce heat and let simmer for about 5 more minutes
or until liquid evaporates.
PROTEIN : 35g
CARBS : 22g
FAT : 7g
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
1 cup oats
6 egg whites
1 scoop chocolate protein powder(isolate)
2 teaspoons pure cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1/3 cup water
pinch of stevia
Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add the egg whites, peanut butter and water. Stir until mixed well.
Pour batter into well sprayed muffin pan. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
Nutrition facts per muffin:
Protein: 22 grams
Carbs: 11 grams
Fat: 5 grams
Makes 6 muffins
Insanely Delicious Turkey Chili
*makes 9 sevings(cups)
1.5lbs ground turkey or ground chicken
1 cup diced onion
1 diced red pepper
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp curcuma(tumeric)
1 tsp oregano
1 can (15oz) chick peas
1 can (15oz) red beans
2 large tomatoes, diced
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the turkey, red pepper, onion, garlic in skillet for 5-6 mins, until it is almost cooked.
2. Transfer everything into a big casserole. Add chili powder, curcuma, oregano, beans, tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce intensity and stir for 20 min or desired thickness.
- Per Serving -
PROTEIN : 27g
CARBS : 20g
FAT : 2g
More To Come!